The objective of Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE) is to equip professionals and executives to lead business projects focused on planning and managing various types of events (in particular, Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions, as well as congresses, conventions and trade fairs), ensuring that they have a firm grasp of the concepts of protocol and communications and public relations strategies, and enabling them to generate tourism development specializing in the quality business tourism sector. The programme also ensures that participants have the business perspective required to be efficient in the decision-making process.
Reasons for taking Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE):
- Personal brand management: The program includes the development of skills in the field of personal brand management, which include learning personal marketing and employability techniques, in order to identify professional opportunities in Spain and further afield.
- Real-time clases: Methodology guided by the proffesors, conferences and synchronous sessions (in real-time) or asynchronous
- Same professors as in the clasroom: Development of the necessary program contents, but adapted to online methodology
- Business Game: The program applies a learning methodology based on business simulations, involving the challenge of understanding strategic planning through practice and execution within a context that is a highly realistic reflection of the real world
- Academic Faculty: Highly respected lecturers, consultants specializing in the launch and implementation of tourism companies in national and international markets
INSIGHT INTO THE MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions) industry and the Protocol Department of Institutions.
Building a firm knowledge base in the tourism industry from an international perspective and always with an executive approach and event management.
SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION AND MANAGEMENT
Developing the capacity for creativity and innovation in the industry and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialist training, equipping participants to take on positions of responsibility.
Training directors equipped to manage events companies, conventions business tourism and institutions, and who are able to achieve the expected results at a global level.
Developing the executive skills required of a global manager of MICE companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team.
DEVELOPMENT OF STRATEGIC PLANS
Learning the key factors in drafting strategic and immediate action plans in MICE settings (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions).
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the programme will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION
- The qualification of Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality (INSTITUTIONAL)
- The qualification of Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism from EAE Business School (INSTITUTIONAL)
- The qualification of Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism from the Universitat de Lleida (INSTITUTIONAL)
Module 1 : Introductory Module
- Challenges in Event organization: 2 ECTS
Module 2 : Structure and Finance of the Tourism sector
- Strategic framework of the company and Business Tourism: 3 ECTS
- Finance and strategic management, accounting and budget management of an event: 3 ECTS
Module 3 : Talent Management and Innovation
- Intellectual capital and talent management, innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset. Creativity: 4 ECTS
- Branding workshop: 2 ECTS
Module 4 : Event Management
- Global conceptualization of events: 5 ECTS
- Event Management and Production: 5 ECTS
- Themed events: Music-Gastronomy-Sports. Personal Events (Wedding and other family events). Congresses and Symposiums: 10 ECTS
Module 5 : Protocol
- Tutorising professional training: 5 ECTS
Module 6 : Marketing
- International marketing and experience management for events and business Tourism companies: 5 ECTS
- Communications and PR as an event brand: 4 ECTS
Module 7 : Master's Thesis
- Master's thesis: 12 ECTS
ConvocatoriasInicio: Octubre 2018