Success in the Hospitality and Tourism industries requires the development of decision-making skills, thorough knowledge of the sector and a global strategic vision.
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is designed with the objective of training the future leaders of the tourism sector: directors, professionals and entrepreneurs equipped to manage business projects in the tourism and hotel sector at the very highest level. To this end, the programme particularly focuses on the development of executive skills and aptitudes of a strategic nature.
Ostelea’s MBA has been designed with the aim of gaining a deeper insight into the main managerial and organizational processes in tourism companies from an applied and strategic perspective, as well as evaluating the interrelation between these processes through case studies, practical exercises and research projects.
The objectives of the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA are as follows:
INTERNATIONAL VISION OF THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Providing an international vision of the tourism industry, together with an adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global environment.
Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies.
Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competences required of directors and business people in the tourism sector, in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
Analysing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Módulo 1: Dirección de operaciones en Hospitality and Tourism
- Dirección y gestión de alojamientos y destinos turísticos.
- Dirección y gestión de Food & Beverage.
Módulo 2: Dirección de Marketing y comercialización
- Marketing estratégico de empresas hoteleras y turísticas.
- Strategic yield & Revenue Management: Evolución del social media marketing.
Módulo 3: Dirección estratégica de empresas turísticas
- Dirección económico-financiera.
- Dirección estratégica de Recursos Humanos y habilidades directivas. Business Game
Módulo 4: Asignaturas optativas (2 a elegir por el estudiante)
- Nuevas tendencias en empresas turísticas y hoteleras.
- Contabilidad analítica hotelera (Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry -USALI).
- Gestión del talento humano como ventaja competitiva: (Best practices in hospitality & tourism.
- El contexto socio-económico actual de las empresas hoteleras y turísticas.
- Total quality management: Calidad y excelencia en el servicio.
- Dirección de calidad y Responsabilidad Social Corporativa.
Módulo 5: Trabajo de fin de máster
- Trabajo de fin de máster
Las posibles salidas laborales que obtienen los integrantes del MBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management son:
- Hotel director or manager, or manager of other types of tourism establishment
- Operational Director or Department Manager in tourism companies.
- Corporate Director in hospitality and tourism companies, in any of the functional areas.
- Director of companies operating in the tourism sector in general.
- Positions of responsibility in companies and public institutions in the sector.
- Positions in auxiliary companies in the fields of marketing and commercialization linked to the hospitality and tourism industries.
- Business entrepreneur in the tourism sector, or related sectors.
- Tourism and hospitality consultant/advisor
Ostelea gives candidates access to grants in the form of financial aid with the aim of providing support for our students.
Each application will be evaluated independently and the grants will be issued during the admission process, with the candidates being notified personally by the Admissions Committee before formalizing enrolment.
Under no circumstances are grants issued that represent 100% of the total enrolment fees.
Financial aid is offered in the following cases:
A deposit paid in advance to reserve a place.
The candidate’s profile meets the requirements for each program.
Former students of the School. In this case, a discount of 25% is applied to the enrolment fees.